Thread: OrangeCD doesn't see CD in drive (WAS: Lack of support)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

That's so strange...
    I hope Andrei can help you with this, but I don't see any other post reporting the problem you have. I can't think of anything else resonable to try...

Have you tried to start with a new database? Don't delete your old one, just select database close, then database new and try adding one of your problem cd's. You shouldn't have to, but I'd bet Andrei would be curious of that made a difference. If you current database is somehow corrupt that may be the cause, but don't know.

Fred

I tried setting up a new database, but that didn't make any difference.
    "Upgrading" to Windows 7 didn't make any difference either.

However, I tried using an external CD drive and that works, so the problem's linked to the hardware/driver of the CD drive in the laptop itself. I don't think that any drivers have been changed recently, but that might be the most likely cause. Trouble is, I can't find any other drivers than the ones that are installed already.

Well I was going to say that it was probably a hardware problem, but I don't know why it would only be a problem with OrangeCD. I don't even know how Andrei would be able to troubleshoot that without haveing access to the drive. But I would think that he would be interested in knowing why only his program is have problems reading from it.

fred