Thread: Is OrgangeCd Done?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by vinylmaster View Post
    Hey, guys...It's been a while since I've commented here, but I had to say something about this...The reason why I haven't been on the forums is because I've been actively STILL using the program! I've been recommending Orange CD to others, as well...There are people out there who need a perfect solution for cataloguing their collections, and THIS is it!

OrangeCD dead? I don't think so!!! It's still the ONE and ONLY program I use now exclusively!

When I started using Orange CD back in 2011, who knew I'd still be using it today, but getting the license and this program was the BEST thing I've done for my collection in a long, long time!
    I'll second that. I couldn't get a grip on my very large collection without OCD. Some tweaks are no doubt possible but it works marvellously well for me and I use it on a daily basis. Given the number of hours I have spent entering data and getting it exactly the way I want it, moving to another program is out of the question. It would be a nightmare if I were somehow to lose it.

Quote Originally Posted by gurnemanz View Post
    I'll second that. I couldn't get a grip on my very large collection without OCD. Some tweaks are no doubt possible but it works marvellously well for me and I use it on a daily basis. Given the number of hours I have spent entering data and getting it exactly the way I want it, moving to another program is out of the question. It would be a nightmare if I were somehow to lose it.
    That's why it's so important to back up your database or databases in various places...external hard drive, USB stick, etc. I've put a huge amount of work into the cataloguing of my collection that losing it is not an option...It's happened before to others, so it's important to be prepared!

Quite agree that OCD is indispensable for serious collectors. I use it a lot,and don't see why people should expect someone to spend their lifetime working to "improve" the programme.Buying this was cheap as chips! I do note somewhere that Andrei was working on "Printing from database". If anyone can give me some advice on doing this I would be grateful. I don't want pics. on it, just a workable sheet giving me basic information on each title -perhaps to use in Excel? Anyone done this satisfactorily?

Default Excel?

Quote Originally Posted by Basilmusic View Post
    I don't want pics. on it, just a workable sheet giving me basic information on each title -perhaps to use in Excel? Anyone done this satisfactorily?
    The idea is that U can import data from Internet Data Bases. If U can import data to Excel U can use any data base app. the main problem is how to export 3000 records from OCD to Excel without destroying relations between CDs an artists.

Further to my message -it does say that various extras -like Printing, and Importing were "in Progress". They have been "in progress" since I bought OCD in 2010. Perhaps this is why some people wonder whether OCD is "done". It would make it perfect if Andrei could finish his work "in Progress" -but maybe he has lost interest.He is obviously VERY clever with IT.

OrangeCD is obviously "done". Look at the Templates ... the "newest" is from 2006 !
    The program itself will be updated but there is no real interest from users or from the staff (for example: "Any PC running Microsoft Windows 95/98/2000, Windows ME, Windows NT 4.0, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, or Windows Vista." ... maybe it's not important but there is Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10 !).

And so, just what is it you intend to use instead?