I've found that with classical recordings, I need to make sure the layout is set to 'classical' and the category is set to 'classical' in order to make sense. Then I make sure the 'composer' field is set to what I want it to be in the Table View.

One problem is that when you scan in the recordings, the category and genre are not necessarily what you think they should be. So you might need to confirm that after scanning. I have also found that scanning the disks is not consistent. I have scanned separate disks in a boxed set and have had one with the 'artist' with the 'composer's name, and one with the composer correct. And two different genres (e.g., one is 'classical' and one is 'opera'). And if you look at the track data, on one disk the tracks are in English, and on another disk the tracks are in German.

Generally, once I scan in a disk, I go through the record properties from the Table View and make sure all the fields I'm interested in are correct and consistent. Then things seem to work ok from there on.

Bill