I tried Cd Store98, Video Store98 and BookStore98 in the past and found them interesting.
But IMHO they are "old" programs with "old" interfaces and functions that need to be strongly improved and updated to seriously attract and satisfy collectors.
I rate(d) them very good for users running older Windows versions on less powerful computers, but I don't consider them among the best tools currently available indeed because they miss too many features.

I can't say yet if Catraxx is 'better' than OrangeCD or Music Label since I'm still testing all these programs and others to store my music, videos and book collections.
Anyway, what I have experienced for sure, is that Catraxx is surely the most powerful, rich of features, stable ( v.5 seems being really bug-free and v.6 runs excellent despite it still is at a Rel. Candidate 1 stage..) and that I don't find it difficult to use at all. I think that all functions are very intuitive and, considering how many of them are availble, they are perfectly implemented.
I deeply tested also WenSoftware's programs ( i.e. Music Library ) and CollecorZ ( i.e. Music Collector ) but I didn't like them much: the former is an interesting tool but also the most bugged / bad supported program I ever used and the latter misses too many important features and seems to be under a neverending Beta developing.
OrangeCD is a very good program and Andrei's support is prompt and professional.
Music Label is a very good program and Johan's support is prompt and professional.
Catraxx is a very good program and Fredrik's support is prompt and professional.

If I had to choose right now I would probably stick with Catraxx, but OrangeCD and Music Label ( and probably other programs, who knows ? ) have place for improvements.

We'll see... : Cheers