Now that's how you make a request ;O)

It all makes sense, and I think that if implemented the automatic part should have a button to turn iton or off.

I guess that if you already have a boxes full of albums already sorted like you want and are entering them by box into OCD that auto numbering would be fine. But my approach when first entering my collection.. was grab a stack and start entering them and worry about organizing them later.

How do you handle adding newly aquired albums into your boxes? Say you just bought 5 Allman Brothers albums at a garage sale.. you aren't just addeding them to the last box that has room are you? Wouldn't they go in the first box with the A's.. moving the last five albums to box 2.. and the last five albums in box 2 to box 3.. etc? That is what I do, but I don't use boxes.. I have them on a shelfs so it isn't a problem until the shelf fills up.

So I can see you point where you are initially entering you already sorted collection into OCD.. but not for ongoing maintenance.. so have the option switchable would be handy.

I am curious to see what Andrei thinks about this...

Fred