I just purchased the software - apparently I had tried it long ago so my trial time was used up. I thought I would be able to make use of OCD but now I'm not so sure....

Music Collection:

871 artists, 2034 albums on ReadyNAS PRO
SqueezeBox Server used to control playback on various Squeeze devices
All files are FLAC and tagged (artist,album,title,year,genre,track#,artist sort)
Much time has gone into tagging -especially "artist sort"
-Artist= Bob Dylan
-Artist Sort= Dylan, Bob
I never see Dylan, Bob except when viewing "artist sort" tag
All listings in SqueezeBox Server "show" Bob Dylan but is "sorted" in lists as Dylan, Bob
-------------------------------------------
Why did I buy OCD? I'm beginning to wonder, but the only reason I need any Music DB/Catalog/etc is to be able export listings of the music collection in various sort orders, with/without art to print,web,etc. I thought that a DB (based on my tagging and maybe additional info from the Internet) of the music files would allow me to manipulate the information in a manner to be able to list it any way I wish.

My first issue is:
How do I make OCD use the "artist sort" tag that I have already created to do the sort order in OCD? With 871 artists and more added all the time - I do not want to MANUALLY do the "swap" action in the OCD DB. I need OCD to use MY "artist sort" value on the initial scan.

Is OCD using the tags at all?

Another question:

How does OCD determine if an album is "Live" or "Studio"? Is this another manual entry?

I may have jumped the gun on the purchase - should have posted this first.
Just "assumed" that making use of the "artist sort" tag would be a given for any DB build.

Any info or ideas would be appreciated,
Jim