Thread: importing covers

Default importing covers

I have successfully merged one db. into my main db, but the covers seem to be in a separate file. How can I get the covers into this main -rather large -db? Any help appreciated. Brian

Default Cover hunt

Before we start the great cover hunt, could you tell me what your settings are at View - Preferences - Imaging>? Do you have a jpg of the cover in the folder with the music tracks? If so, are the cover files cover.jpg or folder.jpg? Are the covers okay for the files that were in your main db when you started the merge? How many album were added and are missing covers?

Quote Originally Posted by Basilmusic View Post
    I have successfully merged one db. into my main db, but the covers seem to be in a separate file. How can I get the covers into this main -rather large -db? Any help appreciated. Brian
    Last edited by Jazz_North; 01-15-2020 at 11:53 AM.

This all looks a bit technical to me -you might lose interest and I should have tried this on a smaller scale. .1st part of request: it says JPEG compression 713 files 14.6mb.
    Some of the covers have in fact downloaded -but others are still blank. I did the import from a copy (on stick) from another PC."Boxsets -dec.17 2019 57.9mb (still have that copy and its original)
    The merged db is a large one .-with 6399 records. Not sure how I find out if the cover files are cover.jpg or folder.jpg

Well, I am not sure even finding them is going to help you, because the process of matching them to the ocd entry might be tedious. You might just as well let OCD search for the cover one-by-one.

This all looks a bit technical to me -you might lose interest and I should have tried this on a smaller scale. .1st part of request: it says JPEG compression 713 files 14.6mb.
    Some of the covers have in fact downloaded -but others are still blank. I did the import from a copy (on stick) from another PC."Boxsets -dec.17 2019 57.9mb (still have that copy and its original)
    The merged db is a large one .-with 6399 records. Not sure how I find out if the cover files are cover.jpg or folder.jpg

Go to View - Preferences - Imaging

Under Performance, is the first box checked? (Store covers in external file if size exceed

If it is checked, what is the value in the box (it could anything from 0 up to......)?

I haven't been able to get OCD to locate covers for years. I have to go through Google and find the cover in a search. Incidentallu I can no longer do a download of information under UPC barcode or from Amazon, Freebase or Discogs. Just doesn't work -for last few months. I just assumed that this facility has been stopped.

I haven't been able to get OCD to locate covers for years. I have to go through Google and find the cover in a search. Incidentallu I can no longer do a download of information under UPC barcode or from Amazon, Freebase or Discogs. Just doesn't work -for last few months. I just assumed that this facility has been stopped.
    The first box is checked and figure is 0.

That should mean that all the covers are in a folder somewhere. On the machine that you moved from, can you find a folder called Covers? The files in this folder will be *.jpeg or *.jpg and some will begin with numbers - all should have incomprehensible names (00e38d00.jpeg for example).

The first box is checked and figure is 0.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz_North View Post
    That should mean that all the covers are in a folder somewhere. On the machine that you moved from, can you find a folder called Covers? The files in this folder will be *.jpeg or *.jpg and some will begin with numbers - all should have incomprehensible names (00e38d00.jpeg for example).
    Thanks for your patience. I have the file "Boxset covers" and all the pics are there but when I try to import into my db. using database>manage db> import, it is looking for a db. file. How else can I import these missing covers? incidentally if you see my other cry for help under "Covers" the use of ODB just doesn't work. It NEVER finds the covers or any information.

Please try this:
    Copy the content of the "old" folder with the covers to the "new" folder with the covers. After that start OrangeCD und look if it has worked.