Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Is OrgangeCd Done?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Posts
    10

    Default Is OrgangeCd Done?

    I have not seen much activity on the OrangeCD web site or forum's, is OrangeCd done and no more? will anyone even read this?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Posts
    290

    Default

    I don't understand why people feel that a program has to be updated regularly to be useful. I still use DOS programs that were old 15 years ago because they do exactly what I want without having to work around useless "enhancements" that just bloat the space a program takes on my computer. If Andrei were to say that he would never update OCD again would you stop using it?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz_North View Post
    I don't understand why people feel that a program has to be updated regularly to be useful. I still use DOS programs that were old 15 years ago because they do exactly what I want without having to work around useless "enhancements" that just bloat the space a program takes on my computer. If Andrei were to say that he would never update OCD again would you stop using it?
    Talvez você não entenda minha lingua, mas eu não tive problemas em entender a sua, então... tente.
    Não concordo com vc. Acho que o programa poderia ter muitas melhorias, tanto na linguagem, interface, quanto poderia haver maior esforço para torná-lo mais amigável, além da integração com outras tecnologias como, por exemplo integração e backup com onedrive ou similar. Ou apenas, mais interesse em desenvolver o produto e dar atenção aos fiéis usuários. E respondendo sua pergunta... Sim eu abandonei o produto desde que eu percebi que não havia nenhum interesse do Andrei em dar continuidade ao Orangecd. Ficou a impressão de algo descuidado, que foi desenvolvido e jogado à venda não como um produto sério, fruto da dedicação e empenho em mantê-lo funcional, mas apenas um caça níquel do tipo "compre e vire-se".
    se tiver dificuldade... google translator pode ajudá-lo.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daveyw50 View Post
    I have not seen much activity on the OrangeCD web site or forum's, is OrangeCd done and no more? will anyone even read this?
    Don't mean updates, just seems like nothing going on, and yes still a few bugs with the program.

  5. #5

    Default

    I generally agree with Jazz_north.
    An application that has a certain purpose (cataloging music in our case) that has been developed and enhanced for many years , probably does exactly what it is supposed to do and it also - very likely - has none or minor bugs. I believe that is the case with orangecd.
    Unfortunately there is one option that has to be updated regularly. I'm referring to the import function from various web sources (amazon, discogs etc) .
    The import function is probably the most important one of cataloging apps because it makes users life much simpler and easier.
    Unfortunately these sources often change their APIs and thus developers have to update their apps in order to keep them useful.
    Recently Discogs change their API and the last month Import from Discogs is broken in OrangeCD.
    I know that Andrei is aware of that and will probably fix it soon.
    Apart from that I strongly believe that the only thing missing from orangecd is an Android / IOS app that will give as the opportunity to carry - view - update our collection from anywhere in the world though our smartphones or tablets.
    But this is not exactly an enhancement of the desktop app rather than a development of a new app.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Posts
    133

    Default

    It was my understanding that Andrei was working on a modern "replacement" for OCD... and that is why we were not seeing any updates. Now that was quite some time ago, with no information on that new program. Not even a alpha sneak peek. Just wondering.... Andrei... what's up ;O)

  7. #7

    Default

    Hey, guys...It's been a while since I've commented here, but I had to say something about this...The reason why I haven't been on the forums is because I've been actively STILL using the program! I've been recommending Orange CD to others, as well...There are people out there who need a perfect solution for cataloguing their collections, and THIS is it!

    OrangeCD dead? I don't think so!!! It's still the ONE and ONLY program I use now exclusively!

    When I started using Orange CD back in 2011, who knew I'd still be using it today, but getting the license and this program was the BEST thing I've done for my collection in a long, long time!
    Last edited by vinylmaster; 05-08-2016 at 07:52 AM.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vinylmaster View Post
    Hey, guys...It's been a while since I've commented here, but I had to say something about this...The reason why I haven't been on the forums is because I've been actively STILL using the program! I've been recommending Orange CD to others, as well...There are people out there who need a perfect solution for cataloguing their collections, and THIS is it!

    OrangeCD dead? I don't think so!!! It's still the ONE and ONLY program I use now exclusively!

    When I started using Orange CD back in 2011, who knew I'd still be using it today, but getting the license and this program was the BEST thing I've done for my collection in a long, long time!
    I'll second that. I couldn't get a grip on my very large collection without OCD. Some tweaks are no doubt possible but it works marvellously well for me and I use it on a daily basis. Given the number of hours I have spent entering data and getting it exactly the way I want it, moving to another program is out of the question. It would be a nightmare if I were somehow to lose it.

  9. #9

    Default

    I agree.Been using it since 2010, BUT i find the support extremely poor. I have just lost everything Orange on my PC -2 large db. and have asked "them at the top" for help for a week now -with no response at all. This makes me lose faith in Orange for the first time.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •