I have a "probably more elaborate than necessary" approach to this, but it came about more to facilitate search than a concern for language. Here's what I do:

If the track is a movement of a larger work, then the track title (in track properties) is simply the name of the movement (Allegro, for example, in the case of typical orchestral or chamber works) and the name of the particular work (Partita No. 1 in B flat major, BWV 825, for example) is used as the group name.

If the track is a single piece (Fantasia in C minor, BWV906, for example) then that is used as a track title and there is no group.

In each of these cases I use the title exactly as it appears on the liner notes or back insert (though I have found cases where there are inconsistencies in a single album).

I have also created a custom track field which I use for a "standard" English track title. I created this to allow me to have a Composer + work organisation of the Browse by tree (the left column of the standard OCD display); neither track title nor group title are fields that can be used for Browse by. I use exactly the same wording for every recording of the same work. So, for example, Bach's BWV1056 appears as Concerto No. 5 in f, BWV 1056 in this custom field even though it is called Concerto for Harpsichord, Strings, and Continuo No. 5 in F minor, BWV 1056 on Pinnock's DG recording and Keyboard Concerto No. 5 in F minor, BWV 1056 on Hewitt's Hyperion release. I must confess I often use the Wikipedia name for the work in this custom field, but I try to maintain a consistent format for a particular composer (all Vivaldi Concerti have the same format in the custom field)

This allows me to retain the details exactly as they appear on the actual cd (or download) while also having a consistent reference to a particular work.