Thread: Support Request

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by davidagbr View Post
    Just downloaded and installed OCD 6.5.4 - new build, same problem - I'm still not able to download information from Discogs.
    Don't think this is an OCD problem. Downloading from Discogs works just fine for me. I am not sure what you are unable to find, but this is the difference between the search that I get from OCD and the one that I get when searching within Discogs itself. The OCD search will only find entries where the "Artist" or "Composer" field in Discogs matches (or includes) the entered search term. The search from within Discogs itself is broader in that it will also find entries where the search term is not the artist, but is included in the entry. For example, Alexei Grynyuk is a young classical pianist, with two albums under his name. Neither of these are in the Discogs database (which isn't very good for classical recordings) and so OCD returns a "not found" message when searching for him in Discogs. However he is the pianist on some tracks on two different Nicola Benedetti albums that are in the database and so Discogs returns these two entries when searched directly from Discogs itself. That said, I would never use the search term Alexei Grynyuk to search for these entries from OCD, but would use Nicola Benedetti. And, happily, doing an OCD Discogs search for Nicola Benedetti returns these two entries (and several others).
    Last edited by Jazz_North; 07-29-2014 at 06:46 PM.