Thread: Collaboration and Artist Sort Name

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Andrei

I did that and what I achieved is just the opposite of what I wanted. Now ALL the artist sort names in collaborations are sorted by first name not last name. Not only do I still have Art Pepper & George Cables, but now it is Art Pepper & Zoot Sims instead of the correct Pepper, Art & Zoot Sims.

Stan

Hi Stan,

Now try editing collaborations again. Make sure you got artist spelling exactly as you like in Collaboration dialog box.

Andrei

No luck, Andrei. I still get Art Pepper & Zoot Sims as the Artist Sort Name instead of Pepper, Art & Zoot Sims. And the same is now true for every collaboration in my database; not a single one has the correct Artist Sort Name.

Andrei

As a test I created a new album with a collaboration between two artists who are in the database with proper sort names (Alexander, Monty and Albany, Joe) but were not in any collaborations until I created this one. The sort name that appears for the collaboration is Monty Alexander & Joe Albany when it should be Alexander, Monty & Joe Albany. I don't think any previous editing has caused this.

Stan
    Last edited by Jazz_North; 03-02-2014 at 04:31 PM.