I have actually copied some of my tape collection already, and some of my favorites are now digitized. To do it right, though, I would have to start with the rarer stuff first, and work my way to the more common things. Remember, it's always good to keep your tape heads clean, too, since I have had more than my share of tape breakage over the years, and dirty heads can only contribute to the problem. With some of the artwork being harder to find for my tapes and 45's, I may have to do some scanning, I think. It seems the Internet can only help me so far. And I do like having my music in the digital format for convenience. But, I must say (and this is more a personal opinion), there is something to holding a piece of tangible, physical media in your hand as opposed to the sterility and coldness of an MP3. Although, you're right about the space issue! Maybe it's just the coolness of owning original vinyl that I don't get with MP3's, but then, for convenience and portability's sake, having the MP3's of the music is a plus. The other thing about vinyl...which no one mentions...it gives me a good excuse to get some exercise! Which reminds me...I have more vinyl and tapes to catalogue (AKA more exercising to do!)! I've been just taking out a stack at a time, and going through it judiciously, so onward I go...

You're right...There is no right or wrong to collecting, but I'm just thankful that Orange CD makes the process so much easier!