Thanks for this. In the meantime I have found that the Sonata database has a little bit better data for classical albums, but I don't think you can use it within OCD. It is (sometimes) one of the options when ripping classical cds using dbpoweramp. Of course, if you shell out for the quite expensive Sonata music player program (over $100) you would have it, as well. I have found that Media Monkey + dbpoweramp works just fine for me for playing classical albums. MM has an add-on (Linked tracks) that lets one link together all the movements in a composition so that when one starts playing the first movement, all the rest of the movements are added next in the now playing list. Since I have Media Monkey designated as the player in OCD I just need to click play on the first track of a movement in OCD and MM does all the rest to play the whole composition. Quite neat, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Basilmusic View Post
I never wrote to thank you for replying. Sorry. Discovering Classical layout helped me to manually add information.
I am finding same problem now with a Cocktail X10 purchased for ripping and storing CDs by the 1000. metadata is often very poor, mixed up or non existent -even on EMI and Chandos.Cheap old Naxos are among the best. Brian