Quote Originally Posted by pmckeealaska View Post
I'd be curious to know if anyone else inputs as much information as I do when I enter a new album. I like details so I put all of the recording info (producers, engineers, mixing, etc.) along with all of the musicians involved and recording studio stuff as well. I would assume that those that buy a catalog software program would put at least some of this information in anyway, I'm just curious how many are as type A as I am!
I don't enter the technical details you mention but usually put in as many contributing artists as possible, such as soloists in jazz or opera, orchestra, choir etc. I have a lot of classical songs with piano accompaniment and have added a custom tab "accompanist".
I am quite keen to get the genre right and sometimes have difficulty entering this accurately because many classical discs contain tracks of several genres. It is quite possible for a chamber music disc to contain, for example, a piano trio, a string quintet and a violin sonata. You can only enter the genre for the whole disc not separate tracks.