Thread: Anyone know how to change track lengths?

Default Anyone know how to change track lengths?

On albums downloaded from external sources, like FreeDB, the track lengths are locked. That would be fine if they were correct. But in some cases they're not. Anyone know how to change them? I seem to recall doing it once, but I'm at a loss to remember how...

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Balok View Post
    On albums downloaded from external sources, like FreeDB, the track lengths are locked. That would be fine if they were correct. But in some cases they're not. Anyone know how to change them? I seem to recall doing it once, but I'm at a loss to remember how...

Thanks.
    Can't you duplicate the album entry? The dupe will be unlocked, then keep it as the original.

Pretty sure this works
    Click on properties (track or album)
    then just click on the length & change it
    Just tried it, works for me

This doesn't work for me. The field is locked against editing. Do you remember how you created the entry you were able to edit? I.E. Did you download it from FreeDB or somewhere, or did you enter it manually? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Balok View Post
    This doesn't work for me. The field is locked against editing. Do you remember how you created the entry you were able to edit? I.E. Did you download it from FreeDB or somewhere, or did you enter it manually? Thanks.
    1) select album record
    2) menu Tools -> Duplicate. This will create exact copy of the album, only it will be fully editable.
    3) delete original entry.

Andrei

Quote Originally Posted by BLOWERS View Post
    Can't you duplicate the album entry? The dupe will be unlocked, then keep it as the original.
    Finally tried this today; it worked great. Thanks! Evidently albums downloaded from external sources have the track field locked for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by andrei_c View Post
    1) select album record
    2) menu Tools -> Duplicate. This will create exact copy of the album, only it will be fully editable.
    3) delete original entry.

Andrei
    Thanks, this worked!