Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 6.4.7.16830

Default Grouping and Racks and Tags

I have applied the new track grouping feature to a couple of symphonic CDs and the results look great. However, when I uploaded to Racks and Tags to see how this grouping was handled there, I found that the name of the track group does not appear at all. That the Racks and Tags tracklisting now does not include the name of the work would seem to be a slight drawback, as illustrated here:

[url]http://www.racksandtags.com/rogpo/64500/Andrew-Penny-Symphonies-1%2C2[/url]

It is just a list of the composer's tempo markings. I suppose I could leave the name of the work with the track as at present, but this seems to defeat the object of naming a group in the first place. Alas, this and the sheer amount of labour involved in retrospectively applying the grouping to hundreds of albums will probably deter me from using what is essentially a very good feature.

Quote Originally Posted by BLOWERS View Post
    Can you give us an idea of exactly where the playlist creation feature actually does sit in your list of priorities? And roughly when you would hope to deliver it? I know you can't be definite in regard to timings, but a clue would be extremely helpful! If you're not serious about it, or if there is a major problem in development, I would love to know. Because I don't want to do loads of work on my collection twice...
    It's in build 6.4.8.16916. Under Media Tools, there's Export Playlist command. Perhaps it is not a perfect implementation, but should work for basic needs.

Default Playlist export good

Quote Originally Posted by andrei_c View Post
    It's in build 6.4.8.16916. Under Media Tools, there's Export Playlist command. Perhaps it is not a perfect implementation, but should work for basic needs.
    Thanks Andrei - that's a great start! It seems to work fine. I guess the next step is to create a field(s) in the 'Track' properties that automatically fills with the newly-created playlist's name. So you can see at a glance what playlists an individual track is on. Ideally, too, I want to be able to run a search that lists the tracks in a playlist. But... this is a good start!