Thread: Help to change the player

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by andrei_c View Post
    I will add that OrangeCD is better integrated with Windows Media Player than with any other player. You don't need to deal with command lines, just go to Preferences -> Media and select Media Player playback option (it's first in the list).

Andrei
    I have Windows Media Player selected in the playback option. However when I played a CD with Windows Media Player it did not update the Last Played/Total Time played fields. It only updates them when I use the OrangeCD player.

Please can you help?

Quote Originally Posted by Joebugs View Post
    I have Windows Media Player selected in the playback option. However when I played a CD with Windows Media Player it did not update the Last Played/Total Time played fields. It only updates them when I use the OrangeCD player.

Please can you help?
    I use iTunes as my media player (my command line is identical to balok's except, of course, I have itunes where he has winamp). OCD updates last played whenever I play a track or a full album through OCD. I cannot create a queue when I use iTunes but I think that is an iTunes issue, not an OCD issue. Last played is available on the Misc tab (page) of the album properties.

On the Media Preferences tab (View -> Preferences -> Media) there is a checkbox that controls whether OCD updates for single tracks. If this is checked, then playing a single track won't update. You might want to check that.

Just to check it out further I changed my media player to Windows Media Player using this command line

"C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe" "%1"

OCD updated last played just fine both for a track and for an album.

I don't know anything about total time played. I don't get it for any track or album and can't think of a reason it would be of interest to me since it is mostly a function of track length and less of frequency of playing. I would be interested in number of plays, a bit of data that iTunes provides but doesn't seem available in OCD.
    Last edited by Jazz_North; 10-15-2011 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz_North View Post

Just to check it out further I changed my media player to Windows Media Player using this command line

"C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe" "%1"

OCD updated last played just fine both for a track and for an album.

I copied the above in the command menu and played a CD. OrangeCD did not update the Last played field.