Quote Originally Posted by andrei_c View Post
Unfortunately there are bigger problems than just obsolete UI.

Storage mechanism used in OrangeCD needs refresh. The infamous Norton Antivirus problem is one example where it fails to keep up with modern requirements.

In past few months I've been working on new modern, cross-platform, SQL-based storage engine that would simplify extending OrangeCD to Mac OS X and fix few other long-standing issues (multiple images per album, etc.) Unfortunately this work is still very much in progress and far from being usable.

So there's currently two branches of OrangeCD source code: one is from November 2010 with some additional fixes made in between. The other is very unstable due to its new database engine. There is also a backlog of unsolved issues that need to be done in old branch (mostly bugs reported through this forum) before these two branches can be converged. I hope this explains the hiatus of last 8 months.

At this point I see no other solution as to stop working on new database engine and resume frequent incremental updates as it happened in 2009-2010.

Which means annoying Norton issue and some other problems will not go away for some time

Andrei
Thank you for this update! You just saved my day and a lot of work (migrate to other databases ... currently I have 3 databases in 3 different programs and this work is killing me).

If you, at some point, releases a OS X version, I'd be happy to buy a license!