Thread: Critical request: copy between albums

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I would like to second this request. Either a way to "link" two (or more) tracks or even albums so that information entered in one place is reflected everywhere, or a way to one button copy information from one track or album to another would be a really useful feature for me.

I have an number of compilations that represent particular eras and/or genres of music, and this feature would save a great deal of time when entering the tracks that happen to be duplicates.

What I would propose is a button somewhere in the Track Properties dialog which would bring up a list of tracks by the same Artist. Select/OK or double-clicking a track copies the data from it, overwriting whatever is present. A button to load *all* tracks from the database (in case the Artist field differs or is empty) would be a nice touch. The reason not to load all tracks initially is to keep the number of choices manageable and to keep Orange from spending a great deal of time initializing the dialog when in most situations that effort would be wasted. Even cooler would be sorting the dialog so that tracks with a matching Title appeared at the top.

Thanks in advance if you can implement this.
    Last edited by Balok; 05-14-2011 at 08:34 PM.