Thread: Critical request: copy between albums

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Nice to see that someone other than me find these functions very useful.

First ... a note to BALOK!
    Before you continue to hijack my post, i'd like to emphasize that there's a lot more to this than click on a button to "copy information between individual tracks" ..... wich seems like a bad idea.

Picture it this way:

1. In the content list to the left, you click on the desired artists name. All albums will then be visible in the main window.

2. Click on/mark the "source album" (the album containing ALL entered data).

3. In the Toolbar, choose Tools -> Copy Album Details

4. Mark the target album(s) [you can choose several albums by holding down the Ctrl-button on your keyboard]

5. Again, navigate to the Toolbar, choose Tools -> Paste Album Details

This goes for ALL composers, songwriters, band members, guests, production details, notes etc etc down to TRACK LEVEL.

After step 3, you can opt for a message box asking WHAT to copy (if not all). You can insert following actions:

[] All

[] Credits
    [] Musicians
    [] Notes
    [] Custom Fields
    [] Rating

As of today, I have several hundred albums just waiting for this to happen. I only fill out 1 album, the rest (of the "duplicates") I leave empty ....

There was no intention of "hijacking" your thread. I misunderstood what you wanted, and since I wanted the same thing, I felt that adding a new post to an existing thread was better than creating a new thread. Now andrei has both ideas and can decide what he wants to implement (if either).

And on a personal note: you should consider that the way you ask for things might have something to do with getting ignored. Were this my project, I would without hesitation ignore someone who asked for a feature in the rude way you did in post #1. It's pervaded by a sense of scorn for the product and a sense of entitlement for yourself.