Thread: Template Question: Declarations Section Data Types

Default Template Question: Declarations Section Data Types

Are there any choices other than 'int', 'bool', and 'field' for the data types in the declarations of a template? Specifically, is there anything that offers functionality similar to a radio button or dropdown list?

Thanks.

There are also 'color' and 'font' datatypes, but I'm afraid there is nothing like drop-down list.

Can you share your scenario (why you want it?) Perhaps there is some other way to achieve it.

Andrei

Quote Originally Posted by andrei_c View Post
    Can you share your scenario (why you want it?) Perhaps there is some other way to achieve it.

Andrei
    Sure. My template has three different ways it can display artists, roles and tracks on the album page. Right now, I'm using two checkboxes, one of which "overrides" the other, to select between a compact form, a columnar form, and an expanded form. Sometimes it's useful to me to switch back and forth between forms; the compact form is most efficient with screen space, but the expanded forms are easier to use when looking for specific individuals.

I thought about using a number, since there is an 'int' field, but without an ability to add a help choice I was concerned that I'd forget which number corresponded to which option.

It's not a big deal as it is - it's just a little less intuitive to use my template than I wish it was, that's all.