Well I don't collect classical but I know there are many things to track with classical albums.

In the Preferences dialog box there is a Data Entry Tab and you can choose between general layout or classical layout... I have no idea if that will be of any help to you but check it out.

On the Database tab is where you can set up custom fields (text, checkbox, memo, and date fields) there are 10 of each that you can use. Then in the theme tab you can select them to show in the different views. There you can also turn off some fields that you don't want.

On the record properties dialog I use the location field on the Library tab to put the DVD that I have my files backed up on. On the general tab there is also a field called number that you may be able to use.

Any of the fields on the database can be used in a search.

I think that the names can be entered as firstname lastname or lastname, firstname.

I don't think you can "get rid" of any of the tabs... but I don't see any reason to... they are there if you need them, but you don't need to use them if you don't.

Hopefully someone will give you more help than me... Better examples of exactly what you want to do would be helpful though.

fred