Thread: Wish List - Collaboration option in Track Artist

Lightbulb Wish List - Collaboration option in Track Artist

Hi,

Would it be possible to add the "Collaboration" option in Artist field on the Track list? I find it very useful in the Album's Artist field and would love to have the same functionality when entering Artist info for the Track...

Please

Regards,

Bogumil

I'd also like to see this feature added.

Default ... and in Composer fields?

And would it be possible to add Collaboration option also to the Composer fields? Sometimes a piece has several composers (e.g. songs composed by Lennon and McCartney, but this also happens in the classical music world). It would be nice to be able to add them as separate persons.

Thanks in advance,

Bogumil

I agree! That would be very nice. In the credit tab I can mention perseons as composer, but they don't appear in the album view. Only lyricists do.

Quote Originally Posted by SAdrummer View Post
    I agree! That would be very nice. In the credit tab I can mention perseons as composer, but they don't appear in the album view. Only lyricists do.
    What theme are you using? Any entry in the Authors and Performance section of the Credits tab shows up under Credits in the default theme (Default V6), even an entry that doesn't use one of the drop down choices for role will appear there. They should all show up because the database has all of them in a field called authorname, their roles in a field called authorrole, and the tracks they are on is in authortracks.

If you have entered the composer in track properties rather than in album properties, it will only show up track by track (I believe that info is in a field called trackcomposer, which is part of the track set of fields and not the album set). In the classical layout, you can enter a composer on the general tab. This is in yet another field in the album set called composer.

Also, I believe (which means I have tried this and it works but I won't swear something else won't work, too) that the fields called composer and trackcomposer both generate entries when you "Browse by composer" but any entry in the Credits tab with role composer will not.

Perhaps you can also tell me why you want to enter composer under credits and not in the track entry (and if you want to do both, why?).

@ Jazz_North: I use the default V6 theme. But let me explain, because I think we're not talking about the same issue. At the bottom right of the album view all authors/performers ara shown indeed under 'Credits'. That is correct.
    In the track listing however I only see the person I entered in the 'Composer' field on the General tab and those who are entered as 'Lyricist' under 'Authors and performance' in the Credits tab. If a track has two composers (as Bogumil mentioned: Lennon & McCartney) I don't want them in one field as 'Lennon & McCartney' because that would create a composer entry with that name. I want to see them as two individual composers. So I enter one in the 'Composer' field and the other on the Credits tab whit the role 'Composer'. In the track list at the top right of the album view only the one entered on the General tab is shown. When I enter a lyricist (or more) on the Credits tab, they are shown after the compsoser. I attached a screen shot from my view. For track 2 the compser Darren Bartlett is entered on the General tab. Wayne Bartlett and Roel van Kesteren are entered as 'Lyricist' on the Credits tab. In the same tab I entered the second composer of the track as 'Compser' on the Credits tab, but he doesn't show up there.

Did I answer your question 'why'? A vtrack can be composed by more than 1 composer and I want them to be shown seperately, not as a duo. Consider it the same way as a collaboration. Because 'Composer' on the General tab is not a collaboration field, I have to put the second composer somewhere. Under Credits seems the most logical place.

I hope that you as a veteran user can help me.

Greetz,
    Jon

I think we differ in how we regard lyricists and "composers". To me they are not separate but a team and so I do have them together. In any case, if I want to search for one or the other that is easily done. And, in many cases, I am not sure which is the lyricist and which the composer! Who did what in creating You Must Believe in Spring by Marilyn Bergman/Alan Bergman/Jacques Demy/Michel Legrand? And in a lot of cases the lyricist and composer are the same, of course (Irving Berlin, Cole Porter). But I guess I can understand why someone might want to separate them. As it stands I can't see anyway to have both appear in the track listing if they are not entered as a group with a lot of Java programming.

Quote Originally Posted by SAdrummer View Post
    @ Jazz_North: I use the default V6 theme. But let me explain, because I think we're not talking about the same issue. At the bottom right of the album view all authors/performers ara shown indeed under 'Credits'. That is correct.
    In the track listing however I only see the person I entered in the 'Composer' field on the General tab and those who are entered as 'Lyricist' under 'Authors and performance' in the Credits tab. If a track has two composers (as Bogumil mentioned: Lennon & McCartney) I don't want them in one field as 'Lennon & McCartney' because that would create a composer entry with that name. I want to see them as two individual composers. So I enter one in the 'Composer' field and the other on the Credits tab whit the role 'Composer'. In the track list at the top right of the album view only the one entered on the General tab is shown. When I enter a lyricist (or more) on the Credits tab, they are shown after the compsoser. I attached a screen shot from my view. For track 2 the compser Darren Bartlett is entered on the General tab. Wayne Bartlett and Roel van Kesteren are entered as 'Lyricist' on the Credits tab. In the same tab I entered the second composer of the track as 'Compser' on the Credits tab, but he doesn't show up there.

Did I answer your question 'why'? A vtrack can be composed by more than 1 composer and I want them to be shown seperately, not as a duo. Consider it the same way as a collaboration. Because 'Composer' on the General tab is not a collaboration field, I have to put the second composer somewhere. Under Credits seems the most logical place.

I hope that you as a veteran user can help me.

Greetz,
    Jon