Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iPhone / iPod Touch application

Default iPhone / iPod Touch application

I'm currently using Music Collector from Collextorz. I'm not too happy with this application and I'm looking to change it. As a part of the evaluation, I would like to know if there are any plans to have an iPhone / iPod Touch application for OrnageCD (for viewing and searching my database)?

[QUOTE=phibon;16737]I

Hi Jazz North,

Your reply seems to be cutt off. Can you repost?

Quote Originally Posted by phibon View Post
    Hi Jazz North,

Your reply seems to be cutt off. Can you repost?
    Don't know what happened. But here's the gist of my longwinded reply.

1. You can use Safari on the iPod/iTouch to connect to RacksandTags.com. You can upload your Orange cd database to this. I used this extensively in the San Francisco and Berkley Amoebas a couple of weeks ago. (Great used cd places, by the way)

2. Andrei has spoken about an iTouch/iPhone app that will make use of RacksandTags, but it hasn't been created yet.

3. There is no app that uses the Orange database directly and Andrei has indicated a reluctance to develop one, principally I think because he worries about trying to keep multiple versions of the database in sync (I would have the same worry).

The iPod application needs to be an offline one. I usually don

The iPod application needs to be an offline one. I usually don
    You might try one of the database apps that allows you to import CSV files (HanDBase, for example, or Ozymandias, though it is pretty old now; Ozymandias does have a Lite version for free to try) and export your Orange data using Database > Import and Export > Export to plain text. This will export only album level information, however.

I suspect the file format and many of the routines Andrei has developed are not compatible with the OS on the Apple devices and to develop an offline app would mean starting from scratch. I think OCD uses some elements of IE, which is not available on iPhone/iTouch.

I'm currently using Music Collector from Collextorz. I'm not too happy with this application and I'm looking to change it. As a part of the evaluation, I would like to know if there are any plans to have an iPhone / iPod Touch application for OrnageCD (for viewing and searching my database)?
    Yes. It's in development and should be in appstore in August-September.

Quote Originally Posted by andrei_c View Post
    Yes. It's in development and should be in appstore in August-September.
    Can you tell me the status of the app? Would really love to see a nice app to show off my collection on my iphone

Is the iPhone / iPod Touch still on the roadmap?

This is the reason why iPhone app was never finished:
    [url]http://www.pcworld.com/article/168019/delicious_library_iphone_app_yanked_from_app_store .html[/url]

OrangeCD uses the same Amazon license as Delicious Library. Which means that as long as we access Amazon databases, we cannot release an iPhone app.