Thread: Users of OrangeCD: Satisfied or not??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I bought OrangeCD back in 2001, even after switching to Macs a few years ago, I'm still using OCD (via Parallels on my MacBookPro).

Although OCD is not perfect, and there are many features that could/should be implemented, I haven't found a suitable alternative that meets my needs as well as OCD.

So, satisfied??? I guess so!! ;-P

Now a Mac OSX compatible version of OCD.... that WOULD be cool!

i'm using three programs, because every program has its assets and limitations:

OCD - for fast overwiew and search and the integration with racks and tags
    Tag & rename - for fast writing and changing id-tags
    helium Music manager - for playing and managing my whole music collection, changing id-tags, and information about artists etc.

heliums strength is the possibility to use mysql or sql databases or access db, so its very flexible and if you use mysql you can take these db to your website if you want. But for a simple search its to slow, so i use ocd for that. imho theres is no faster databased program.

with helium you can also tag, but it takes time for writing changes. Its no problem if you change some files, but for a larger amount its not that comfortable. So i use for that work tag and rename. it is fast and high customizeable.

ps: for searching for covers i use album art downloader it searches in discogs, google, amazon and so on.