Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Users of OrangeCD: Satisfied or not??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I have used this software for about 4 or maybe even 5 years now and have encountered small insignificant problems exactly one time { fonts on a previous upgrade }.
    Simply stated , this software is the best music collection software to have bar none.
    Many of the " problems " you will see on the forum are usually regarding future changes to the software as far as what people would like to be able to do with it and creatimg web sites with it. The software itself is quite remarkable and well worth every penny I have paid for it.

I can not sing its praises enough.

Regarding Racks and Tags, yes its free, after adding music to your collection, simply create a racks and tags user name and upload your collection. You then have your own web page for your friends to view.

Thumbs up

Well,
    everyone has explained pros & cons of OCD, but actually no one explained well one of the most important features of OCD: the great support of JavaScript language to customize OCD the way you want.

My OCD main theme and Export theme (the feature to export in html format your collection in your web site, without using Racks & Tags) have JavaScript functions that often do what actually OCD doesn't, or simply what I think is useful for me that OCD has to do (and maybe te majority of users don't consider useful).

This means that OCD is a great software for common users who don't know anything of programming and want to easily organize their collection and customize it with OCD's standard features, but then OCD could reveal itself as an OUTSTANDING SOFTWARE if you like to "program" it the way you want....

...I don't know if there are other music catalog sw that could allow you to do this, but I'm very happy I found OCD!!!!

The majority of the requests on the forum aim often to increase the built-in features or to add something new in this software... ...if bugs are found (no sw is perfect...) I always noticed Andrei gave support as he usually does for features request...

Actually I have few things left to ask Andrei that I personally would like to have in OCD, but they're "extras".. ;-)
    Last edited by Gagliem; 10-02-2009 at 06:16 AM.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by harleygirl View Post
    Simply stated , this software is the best music collection software to have bar none.
    I think harleygirl says it all.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Mole View Post
    I think harleygirl says it all.
    And Jazz North! Above all, OCD is practical, effective and FUN! And it's great to be able to actually have an input into its development - thanks for all your efforts, Andrei - they are much appreciated.

Thumbs up Sooo Satisfied!!!!

I've been using OCD for close to 7 years. I can tell you that I've not yet found a Cataloging software where users are really the driving force behind its development, as it is in this case. I have a very small DB of +1000 CD's of mostly rare Cuban & Afro-Cuban music, and never had a a problem that I was not able to resolve.
    Moreover, the forum support is excellent,and effective. So Satisfied? You bet I'm!!!! This software has mature over the years, mostly because of the input of thousands of people who believed in it. OCD is not a perfect software indeed, and I agree that you should not wait that long for Andrei to resolve this log in issues. But let's give Andrei a big thank you for his efforts to be open minded and receptive to all these enhancement requests. It is much appreciated. Hope you will have your issues resolved as soon as possible.

Cheers!!!

Despite a few minor changes I'd like to implement (and...really... who doesn't have some of those on occasion LOL), for the most part, this software works like a charm, and it does what I need it to do...which is catalogue my media...and of course, as the mediums always change, there's always a need to add new formats (I nominate player piano rolls, 8-tracks, DVD's, Blu-Ray discs, 78's, laserdiscs, cereal box records, flexi-discs, reel to reel discs, Beta tapes, and Edison cylinders-didn't see those listed-but then again, I'm picky, I guess...). It's odd that they haven't been able to go above and beyond the MP3's, and that more people are returning to vinyl again, but I digress...

In any case, as long as there are new items to add (and I need not worry about running out), I am absolutely positive that I'll be using Orange CD well into the future!!!

Good work, Andrei!!!

Wink

OCD (Orange CD) is the perfect music organizer, even for those of us who have OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)

No need to wait for Andrei to add new format names - as long they fit into the disc & track model. Format type names can be easily added by going to View -> Preferences -> Database
    Highlight Format, click on Edit and add whatever you wish

Of course there's no guarantee OCD or any program will read some of these formats directly - so manual addition might be required

Quote Originally Posted by vinylmaster View Post
    Despite a few minor changes I'd like to implement (and...really... who doesn't have some of those on occasion LOL), for the most part, this software works like a charm, and it does what I need it to do...which is catalogue my media...and of course, as the mediums always change, there's always a need to add new formats (I nominate player piano rolls, 8-tracks, DVD's, Blu-Ray discs, 78's, laserdiscs, cereal box records, flexi-discs, reel to reel discs, Beta tapes, and Edison cylinders-didn't see those listed-but then again, I'm picky, I guess...). It's odd that they haven't been able to go above and beyond the MP3's, and that more people are returning to vinyl again, but I digress...

In any case, as long as there are new items to add (and I need not worry about running out), I am absolutely positive that I'll be using Orange CD well into the future!!!

Good work, Andrei!!!

Since I only got about 6 months worth of use out of it before it crapped out on me AND due to the fact that its been 100% impossible to get it to work on my computer again, I'd say I'm VERY disappointed in the program. In terms of cost/benefit, its one of the single worst investments I've ever made, at least as it stands now. I loved it when it was working but a program that doesnt work isnt much worth singing the praises about, is it?

Well .... it looks as though this program is winding down to the end of its useful life, eh?

I suspect it's because there are so many freeware programs out there that do as good a job or better than this OrangeCD program.
    Or .... the developer has just lost interest or gone on to more lucrative endeavours.

It's too bad; it had a good following for a number of years, and even with it's tempermental nature it did a decent job.