I have been a user of OCD since the version numbers started with a 5 (and I believe I am not the only one who can claim that). The earliest e-mail correspondence with Andrei that I can find is now over 6 years old. I have used nothing but OCD to manage reasonably extensive jazz and classical collections in that time, though I have looked at others. There are additional functions I would like to see in OCD, of course, but my wish list is a lot smaller than it was 7 years ago. What's more I still find new things - often from messages on this forum - that I can do with it. I am far from a full-fledged programmer (though you should see what I can do in Fortran), but I have been able to modify the dax files to create a version of OCD that meets my needs and my sense of design. So what would I like - it's a pretty short list?

1) Greater freedom with images (as many others have noted). Media Monkey, for example, allows up to three images for each track - and allows each track in an album to have a different image - though it will only display one at a time.

2) Allow a track on a hard drive to be associated with more than one album. This would permit me to associate a track that is in a compilation both with an entry for the compilation and to an entry for the original release.

3) One of the important advances Andrei made was to allow track grouping. This was very important for my classical collection (and has been used surprisingly often in the jazz discography). But the grouping does not show up on racksandtags, reducing its (and r&t's) usefulness. And I would like to be able to play all the tracks in a group by clicking on the group title. It would also be nice to have the group title be independently editable and have it be available as a column in table displays.