Quote Originally Posted by Joebugs View Post
I highlighted this problem some time ago. I have copied my original post for reference.

When you enter the composers from the Record Properties/Tracks/Composer Field, the Record Properties/General/Composer Field is not updated. It appears that these are two completly different fields. I think that this should work in the same way as the artists fields work.

Also when you enter the composer from the Record Properties/Tracks/Composer Field, the composer statistics do not work.

Joe
There are two other relevant differences.

1) If do a query on Composer (Query > Advanced Search), OCD will only find those entered via the Tracks field; if you search on Credits: Authors and Performance, it will on find only those entered via the Album Properties > Credits page.

2) If you want Browse by composer in the left panel, it will only use the entries from the Tracks field.

As both of these are of much more importance to me than statistics, I only use the Tracks field.

It should be noted that composers entered in the composer field on the General tab of Record Properties (in Classical Display) functions the same as those entered on the Track Properties form. But this is useful if there is only one composer or one major composer for an album.