I have always written my credits by open up the "record properties" window -> Credits Tab -> and the name of the composer(s)

Person - Role - Tracks
Edward Heyman - Composer - 1-7
Frank Eyton - Composer - 1-7
Johnny Green - Composer - 1-7
Robert Sour - Composer - 1-7

By entering the names this way the "CREDITS" column in the album view will show the acual names.

The 2nd way of doing it is to click "View Tracks" when you right-click in the album view. Then you can activate "Alt+Enter"
on the first item in the list.

In that window you can enter your information in the "Composer" field. BE WARE! Here you are limited to only ONE name on ONE single row. If you have more than one composer you can toss them all together in one single line:

Edward Heyman-Frank Eyton-Johnny Green-Robert Sour

The really odd thing is that the last example will show the "Composer" information right under each track, enclosed by brackets.

First we have two different ways of entering the data and then we have two ways of viewing the data. If you want a consistent look, please beware that you should only choose ONE of these actions :-(

Here it seems that the right hand doesn't know what left hand is doing.

1st: Can someone explain what the necessity is of having more than one option in this matter?

2nd: If you are able to write numerous composer entries in the first example, why can't we do that in the 2nd example?

3rd: Why does these values appear on two separate locations?

4th: If I write my composer information by following the 2nd example, why can't I view/read this information when I go to "record properties" window -> Credits Tab ..????

... I'm lost :-)