Figured this one out. Rename artist in album window does the trick, except if the upper/lowercase is wrong. Then you gotta change the name of the artist to something different. It will then delete the artist folder and make a new one, and then you change it back. Seems like it has to delete the old folder and make a new one to be able to change case of the letters.
For upper/lowercase change, it is best to use Library -> Artist Manager.

Ok, didn't see the number of copies thing I guess it will have to do for now.
Actually, you can add Quantity to your album display in View -> Customize -> Theme. Corresponding option is called "Quantity".

I also found another little thing that bothers me: Artist names that start with a single A isn't sorted right, it doesn't sort it by the A...? I'll give you an example: The band named A Perfect Circle is sorted under P, not A. I tried looking around for some settings to change this, but couldn't find any.
OrangeCD maintains a list of words that are ignored when sorting. "A" is one of these words. You can delete it from the list in View -> Preferences -> Database tab -> Custom lists/Ignorable words.

Andrei has warned me that while this is possible, you have to be careful not to have both the desktop and the laptop accessing the database at the same time or you may have the pleasure of starting all over from scratch. OrangeCD is not designed for a multiple user environment.
Another approach is to make your network share read-only - it will be good and safe! OrangeCD handles read-only databases very well - everything works but you won't be able to make modifications.

Andrei