Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My template, for those who want it.

Default Re: My template, for those who want it.

[quote=Joebugs]Album Rating:

New version: [url]http://www.filesco.com/download.php?id=F4DF76371[/url]

This corrects the scroll bar problem reported by Joebugs, and a problem with the top (dark green in the default color scheme) bar on the track page that caused it not to display the name of the artist for certain albums.

This is likely to be the last update for at least three weeks, but I'm still interested in hearing about bugs or feature requests. The old link will remain active for now, in case there's any kind of serious problem I've missed you can revert if you like. There shouldn't be - I've been using it for several days without incident.

THANKS FOR ARRANGING THE SCROLL BAR

Joe

Hi Balok,

Any news about improvements to the "Green" theme.

Regards

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Balok View Post
    I've finally finished my on again, off again work on a template. Thanks to Andrei for answering my many questions! If you'd like to take a look at it, you can download it from here:

[url]http://www.filesco.com/download.php?id=38FD36B21[/url]

I called it "Green" because the default colors are various shades of green. Many of them are configurable. I shamelessly stole certain features from the default template, while others are entirely mine. I'll check this thread periodically, so if anyone has questions or comments, post them here.

I wrote this to match what I wanted in a template. Feel free to modify it if you wish. It was tested with Orange 6.2.4. It will probably work with earlier minor revisions of version 6, but I don't have any idea about versions earlier than that.

If no one downloads it within a certain period, the free file host will delete it. It was uploaded today, and I think the time limit is 60 days.
    Mr Balok Can you let me have a copy of your template? I can't get it following the usual way? Any guidance about how to use it? Basically 99% of my library is classical. Brian (basilmusic)

I'm picking your brains again! Can I move some items from one database to another...both DB have same fields.
    i find Orange very useful for a collection nearing 7,000 but we could do with an idiots guide -where all explanations for setting up DB are given in logical order and explanations of all the drop down menus. This is sadly lacking in Help section. Too much is assumed. Brian
    This must have put people off buying the programme

Under Database -> Import and Export

Import from Orange CD database: Transfer album data from another OrangeCD Suite Database. You can choose the specific albums to import.

There are other export and import options as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Basilmusic View Post
    I'm picking your brains again! Can I move some items from one database to another...both DB have same fields.
    i find Orange very useful for a collection nearing 7,000 but we could do with an idiots guide -where all explanations for setting up DB are given in logical order and explanations of all the drop down menus. This is sadly lacking in Help section. Too much is assumed. Brian
    This must have put people off buying the programme

Thanks for help, will try this. Can one start automatic numbering from other thN ONE? i AM CREATING NEW db BUT WANT # TO START AT 6094.

Quote Originally Posted by Basilmusic View Post
    Mr Balok Can you let me have a copy of your template? I can't get it following the usual way? Any guidance about how to use it? Basically 99% of my library is classical. Brian (basilmusic)
    It appears that the free file sharing service I was using is no longer available. I'll have to find another.

My template is once again available. This time it is at dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/psr8lfipxkcbx0d/Green.dax

I ask that you only download it if you actually plan to use it; I don't know whether dropbox has bandwidth limitations and I'd just as soon not find out.

A few changes have been implemented. The big one is that it now implements groups, which is mostly of interest to those with classical music in their collections. Most of the rest of them are tweaks or bug fixes.

You also need to find the folder where your database is located - this is a .DAB file. In that folder, create a folder called 'img'.

Download these two .PNG files and put them in that IMG directory.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dm3vopxjny4b8y6/RArrow.png
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/3hslizglfrv2oof/RDArrow.png
    Last edited by Balok; 03-31-2013 at 12:17 AM. Reason: Fix URLS