Quote Originally Posted by Joebugs
1.Is it possible in the album page to add the composer near the track title in the track listing (possibly in a different colour).
I've implemented this (and also the fix I explained to guernemanz earlier). The new file is here: [url]http://www.filesco.com/download.php?id=59B595CD1[/url]

Notes and cautions:

1. It has the same name as the older version. Rename the older version if you want to keep it. Otherwise when you click on the downloaded file Orange will tell you it has the same name as an existing file, and if you click OK it will replace the old file.

2. Even though the file name is the same, you will lose any customizations you have made to the template via the customize view dialog. For this reason, I recommend against downloading this version unless you're trying to solve this specific problem and don't mind this hassle. I can't do anything about this, it's built into Orange.

3. It's turned off by default, because I don't use that field. There's a checkbox labeled 'Show composer below artist' in the customization to turn it on.

4. I added support for a user selected color. That's called 'Color for Composer Name' You can add additional customizations by editing the template and searching for "span.trackcomposer" and then applying other style elements. You'll need a cascading style sheets reference, but those are all over the web.

5. The reason I don't use this Composer field is that I enter this data on the credits tab. IIRC, Andrei said that since version 6, this is the preferred way to enter data, and that someday the Composer field on the General tab may even go away. Don't take my word for it, though - start a thread and ask him yourself.

6. However, and here's a warning: the Composer filter for viewing your collection DOES key off of this field. If you leave it blank, that filter will not work.

Quote Originally Posted by Joebugs
PS The album rating is also missing from the album page
That's true, and it's likely to stay that way. The reason is that the code to implement this (with the stars) is complex. I'd need to sit down and figure out how it works, first, and I'm unlikely to have the time soon. On top of that, I tend not to rate my albums, so the feature isn't much use to me, so there's a motivation problem. There are other features that I'll probably put in first because they're more useful to me. No, I'm not going to say what they are, because they're just glimmers right now. I have to deal with firm schedules enough at my real job!

I am not sure what the Table View/Track View page is. Perhaps if you could list some of the information on it that would help. I'm guessing you mean either the Album view (lists album contributors on the left, and tracks on the right) or the Track view (lists lyrics and notes on the left, track contributors on the right).

I'm also not sure what a slide bar is. You might mean the scroll bar. However, even when I make Orange very thin, I still see a scroll bar.

I'm going to need some more information to even start investigating this one.