I'm also working on adding vinyl singles and albums to my database, and it's more difficult than I thought it would be!

As for finding album artwork, I've been searching Google (and Google image search), music rarities sites (eil.com, gemm.com) music catalogue sites (musicstack.com) and band/artist websites (official and unofficial) to find album art. Ebay has been helpful at times, too.

I haven't started adding LPs and 12" singles yet, but I think albums will be easier since the artwork is typically the same if it's been released on CD, so most music sites will have the images for those. With some of the more obscure or older albums, though...I think I'll have to do some scouring.

As for scanning the covers in, my scanner isn't big enough to scan the entire cover of an LP at once, so I have to scan it in in two parts and "piece" it together in Photoshop. It's a pain, but it works fairly well. If you have a good digital camera, you could always take a photo of the cover and crop it in Photoshop or similar program.

As for scanning, I scan the left side of the cover first, and then the right side. The key is to make absolutely sure the album is perfectly straight in the scanner, or else your two sides won't match up.

Hope this helps, even a wee bit!

Kris