Thread: CD Unrecognised

Default CD Unrecognised

Hello,

Today I tried to add a CD - Rita Coolidge - The Collection (Spectrum 731455181623) and Orange CD did not search the Internet for the CD's data but recognised it as Gram Parsons - GP/Grievous Angel (Reprise 075992610827). I added the CD using the Scan UPC barcode; however when I play the CD it still shows that I am playing Gram Parsons' CD.

Any help will be appreciated of how I can make orangeCD recognise between Rita Coolidge and Gram Parsons!!!!!

Has anybody got these two CDs in his collection or encountered this problem with other CDs.

Regards and Thanks for any help.

Joe

Default Re: CD Unregonised

I have found a similar situation when I tried to add a CD from one of the music clubs.

And I have found it many times with these "Essential" collections.

Are you using a UPC code or just the drive I.D. way of adding. I have found many CD's where the manufacturing planet mistakenly did not change the embedded code on a new CD.

Am I making sense? I am working on three hours sleep due to thunderstorms, and a wimpy 60 pound Wolfhound who decides she needs to share our bed.

Bobb

Thanks for your feedback.

I normally add CDs automatically from freedb.org. When I inserted the Rita Coolidge CD it started playing and the CD info showed Gram Parsons CD. To add to the collection I manually entered the barcode using the Scan UPC barcode menu/popup and the CD data was automatically downloaded from the net (I don't know if from freedb or amazon?)

I hope that this is the info you asked me for! (I know the feeling I have the same situation with a Labrador crossed with a Great Dane!!!!!!!!!!)

Andrei,

Any help/suggestions about this?

Regards

Thanks

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Joebugs
    Andrei,

Any help/suggestions about this?

Regards

Thanks

Joe
    It seems that these CDs have conflicting FreeDB IDs and OrangeCD couldn't tell the difference. Unfortunately it is expected.

I wonder if Windows IDs of these CDs are same as well. Could you check on Misc tab of album properties?

Andrei

Andrei,

Gram Parsons info:
    FreeDB ID 35119D14
    Windows 02A5E6D0

There is no info in the orange CD misc page of the Rita Coolidge CD.

How can I get this info?

Can I insert it manually?

Regards

Joe

PS I did a search for ID 35119D14 on FreeDB.org and it gave me three CDs with the above ID No. Gram Parsons/Rita Coolidge/Other

Is it possible to change the ID of a CD on FreeDb.org. From where does FreeDb gets the ID No??