Thread: Import from Discogs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Any plans to include Discogs support any time soon? Without it, I am seriously considering switching to Catraxx, even though I much prefer the OrangeCD interface and would prefer to stick to a program I'm used to - and really don't want to pay for a second program! I used the free trial of Catraxx and was able to add about 50 albums in one day from Discogs. This would take me weeks and weeks to do manually on OrangeCD.

It really should be simple enough. I have free tagging programs and music players that use Discogs as a database, so I'm sure the API is readily available.
    Last edited by spikedcandy; 02-25-2010 at 02:34 AM.

what are your thoughts on this topic, andrei? is it even a remote possibility to add discogs.com support?

Unhappy

I totally agree with the all rest of you.
    Discogs support is absolutely necessary if you want to catalog Vinyl Records, not to mention that it is already implemented by big "opponent" CATraxx.
    Till now I've been using Orangecd for cataloging my MP3 collection and have been totally satisfied with its capabilities.
    But when I decided to catalog my Vinyl Collection (~2000) I found out that it's not that easy to do it.
    Anyway being a big fun of orangecd I decided to continue cataloging my Vinyl but I'm doing really slowly.
    Andrei could you please help us?

Quote Originally Posted by ekoliniol View Post
    I totally agree with the all rest of you.
    Discogs support is absolutely necessary if you want to catalog Vinyl Records, not to mention that it is already implemented by big "opponent" CATraxx.
    Till now I've been using Orangecd for cataloging my MP3 collection and have been totally satisfied with its capabilities.
    But when I decided to catalog my Vinyl Collection (~2000) I found out that it's not that easy to do it.
    Anyway being a big fun of orangecd I decided to continue cataloging my Vinyl but I'm doing really slowly.
    Andrei could you please help us?
    Yes. It looks like Discogs import is coming in next month or so.

Red face

thank u !!
    please feel free to share any beta versions for testing reasons

Quote Originally Posted by andrei_c View Post
    Yes. It looks like Discogs import is coming in next month or so.
    that is awesome news! thank you so much andrei. you have no idea how many hours you are going to save a lot of people

Awesome! I was reluctantly about to take the plunge and buy Catraxx, but thought I better check in here first. Honestly, I would probably have downloaded LP info with Catraxx, and then imported the Catraxx database into OrangeCD, because I just like it so much better. But now I'm really relieved not to have to fork out more $$$ for this feature.