Thread: How can I get a total

Default How can I get a total

There must be an easy way to pull out of the database how many CDs I have - surely!

Default Re: How can I get a total

If you select the "Entire collection" folder at the top of the folders pane, the total count will appear in the status bar at the bottom of the program window.

Here's another tip. Right-click topmost item in tree view (it's bold and labeled Entire Collection) and select Properties. Switch to Statistics tab.

There will be some useful stats about your collection: totals for albums, discs, songs, playtime, some averages, etc.

Andrei

I checked this statistics tab, new for me. I saw that my Classical category has about half (100) discs that are "not clasical". I guess that those are the disks that had details missing or in the wrong place, which I fixed. And I guess that those are the ones that in the details page show "Genre" something else (for instance Symphony), or nothing. I don't need to fix anything, and don't know how. But if Mozart is classic, who is?

Hi Irene,

If I understand correctly, the chart that you're looking at displays that half of albums of your entire database is in classical category.

Andrei

Statistics by category - classical 104 discs 42.6%
    Statistics by genre classical 71 discs 29.1%

Which shows that 33 discs have different genre listings, but it doesn't matter, as my purpose for using the OCD is to organize my disks and remember and know what I have, and I do the corrections manually.