Quote Originally Posted by Charles Litton
Although I love the functionality in the new version (been busy entering composer and artist information), I'm not all that thrilled with the look of the new theme (Default V6). I liked the former default theme better (purely a matter of taste). When using the old default theme now, the new fields are of course not accessible.

My outrageous request is: Could the new fields/functionality be added to the old theme, or could the new theme be made to look like the old one?

I at first thought this might not be so hard, so I opened both themes in Daxedit--and then realized that it will require someone who actually knows about programming. But maybe for someone with the skills this would be an easy task? Making a "retro" template would also add more diversity to the world of templates in general, which right now seems only sparsely populated.
It's difficult to offer good advice without knowing your experience, skills, etc. However, I can offer this: I have not found the template language difficult to work with. It is basically HTML/CSS. Neither of these is a procedural language, so might find the going easier than you think. The big difference is the dax: family of tags that extract information from the database, and most of those seem straightforward, at least to me.