Thread: OrangeCD 5.0 or is it 5.2?

Default OrangeCD 5.0 or is it 5.2?

Not wanting to be too "obnoxious" about such a small thing... IT IS INDEED THE FAR BEST AND COMPLETE CD DATABASE I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!... just wanted to ask Andrei why, up to the last Beta version (5.2.0 Build 7401) the install Setup insists in writing a folder in the Start Menu that says OrangeCD 5.0 ???

Default Re: OrangeCD 5.0 or is it 5.2?

It is because you already have "OrangeCD 5.0" folder that has working shortcuts. It does not create a new folder if you already have one.

Nevertheless, the version installed is 5.2.0.

Thank you for your quick reply! But no, I think it's not that!

I do have a folder with OrangeCD, but it's a sub-folder of a folder I've called Music, and I've already renamed it OrangeCD 5.2 after I've upgraded to Beta 1.

Now I've upgraded again to this Beta 2 and it creates a new folder on Start Menu named OrangeCD 5.0! So it does not write on the existing folder (which is a sub one).

Must I uninstall first everytime I upgrade a version! ???

I wouldn't worry much about the folder name... As long as correct files are installed, the folder name does not matter. You can rename it if you like.

There is no need to remove old version, but keep in mind that if you install new version into a new folder, old folder is not deleted. You may want to delete it manually to save disk space.

Andrei