Thread: Cover not found

Default Cover not found

If this cover can't be found, there must be some OCD problem. Elvis Presley 50 worldwide Gold Hits FreeDB ID
    520E641A. I see the exact cover in Amazon.com. The OCD shows nothing, even not a wrong cover. I think that when I scanned another Elvis CD in the earlier version I did get a cover, a wrong one which I deleted. Now I don't find those wrong covers any more. 490EDA19.
    These are two disks of a set, which I didn't scan at the same time.

Default Re: Cover not found

Quote Originally Posted by irene
    If this cover can't be found, there must be some OCD problem. Elvis Presley 50 worldwide Gold Hits FreeDB ID
    Do you see cover for Volume 1 or Volume 2? I can only find Volume 2.

Here's how to work around this problem:

- Right-click this album and Download CD Covers.
    - Click Custom Query button (it is an icon that looks like a page)
    - Delete words "Volume 1 part 1" from the end of query string. Only "Elvis Presley 50 worldwide Gold Hits" should be left.
    - Press OK, then press Search

I fixed the problem so it will find the correct cover in OrangeCD 6.1.1.

Andrei

Thanks, I've found several covers this way.

Another double album - Peggy Lee the gold collection 40 etc. FreeDB ID 210B7D14, I found only wrong covers also with the custom Query. Maybe it's the same problem.

I've experienced a problem similar to that described by irene. No cover is downloaded with the other album info, yet when I do a search, I find album covers immediately on Amazon.com and elsewhere.

I purchased OrangeCD 6.0.9 Build 11003 recently. Should I upgrade to ver. 6.1.1 since you've indicated a fix for a related problem, Andrei? If so, do I approach it as a normal download or is there a specific place/manner to get an update?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Thorne
    I've experienced a problem similar to that described by irene. No cover is downloaded with the other album info, yet when I do a search, I find album covers immediately on Amazon.com and elsewhere.

I purchased OrangeCD 6.0.9 Build 11003 recently. Should I upgrade to ver. 6.1.1 since you've indicated a fix for a related problem, Andrei? If so, do I approach it as a normal download or is there a specific place/manner to get an update?
    Can you tell me what was the album that cause this error? I am collecting error cases so I could improve program accuracy.

Upgrading to 6.1.1 will not probably help with this specific issue, but I'd recommend upgrading anyway.

And, use the approach I recommended in second post above to correct missing cover.

Andrei

Thanks, Andrei.

I've already tried the method you outlined in the 2nd post on this thread and it didn't yield positive results.

I can't remember the last instance in which I didn't receive an album cover with the rest of the download, but suffice it to say that I've experienced many, perhaps as many as 20%, thus far. I'll either report the next ones here or send you an e-mail.