Thread: Uploading Multiple Databases

Default Uploading Multiple Databases

Before I try this and possibly screw everything up, I wanted to ask about this:

I have two databases - one that's my CD database that's chagnes very little. A second database for my Vinyl as a spend the next few months cataloging by collection. I've already uploaded my CD collection, but...

1 - If I upload my vinyl collection, will it merge it all into a single huge collection (I suspect it will)?

2 - If it does merge it into one huge collection, does OrangeCD correctly reconcile CHANGES I make to the vinyl database or will DUPLICATES be created for changed items?

Default Re: Uploading Multiple Databases

[quote=dugn]Before I try this and possibly screw everything up, I wanted to ask about this:

I have two databases - one that's my CD database that's chagnes very little.

Default Re: Uploading Multiple Databases

Thanks for the quick reply.

This is a neat service with a nice, clean interface - and it's great that no duplicates are uploaded (just updated/revised data).

But since the new service only allows one account per e-mail address I can only upload one database (I have always had only one home email address and my work email is not an option).

Since I don't have an spare email address to upload an additional database - and it's not effective to create a new email just to support a second database, I'll just stick to my one database for now.

This may be an enhancement you could offer in the future. Thanks, Firetongue!