Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Multiple disk sets

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Multiple disk sets

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Thorne
    The issue of a "Box Set Tab" has thrown me from the first mention of it by Andrei, followed by your instructions which also included using that non-existing tab.
    Hi Ron,

Sorry if my response was too vague. The box set tab only exists for box sets. It is not visible for regular single-disc albums. So before you can use it, you need to create a box set out of your 4 assorted discs.

To do so, select all of them in the right view. For example, click the folder that contains all 4, then select them in the right view holding Ctrl or Shift key.

Once selected all 4 of them, click menu Tools -> Make Box Set. You will then need to ensure artist/composer/title is entered, and re-enter it if needed. Then switch to Box Set tab (it will be there, I promise ) and ensure the order is also correct. If not, fix the order using Move Up/Move Down keys.

Finally, press OK.

Andrei

OK Ron!

Have you actually - successfully - used the "Make box set" instruction from the "Tools" menu at any time? If so, there must be a "Box Set" tab in the entry's properties. The only other possibility - as you have hinted - is that this tab only came in with a newer version.

So.... is there any reason for not downloading and installing the latest release? I have never had any problems doing this and simply running the new install file over the top of my existing version. No data has ben lost or corrupted. Sure, it will open with the new default template/theme, but you can change this back to your preferred theme easily enough (via the "View - Preferences -Theme" tab).

It might be advisable to do a back-up copy of your database first, if you are worried about losing aything! Just copy it and keep it - temporarily - in a different location. Or set a Windows restore point before installing. Am I helping at all?!! Hope so...

Quote Originally Posted by Firetongue
    Hi Ron,

Sorry if my response was too vague. The box set tab only exists for box sets. It is not visible for regular single-disc albums. So before you can use it, you need to create a box set out of your 4 assorted discs.

To do so, select all of them in the right view. For example, click the folder that contains all 4, then select them in the right view holding Ctrl or Shift key.
    Obviously, I thought that I'd already established a Box Set, much to my chagrin.

Sorry, Andrei, but I don't understand what you mean by "select all of them in the right view". FYI, I'm unable to select more than one of the four CDs, even while using Ctrl or Shift Key.

I would suggest that it's not terribly user-friendly to need to access both the General Tab (1 of 10) for making entries for Format and Part #, but also have to access and understand how to engage the "Make box set" portion within Tools.

I'm still quite confused, and I'm not a computer "newbie", either.

Quote Originally Posted by BLOWERS
    OK Ron!

Have you actually - successfully - used the "Make box set" instruction from the "Tools" menu at any time?
    No, I'm sorry to say, BLOWERS.

I've upgraded to 6.1.1 Build 11109 successfully, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Thorne
    Sorry, Andrei, but I don't understand what you mean by "select all of them in the right view". FYI, I'm unable to select more than one of the four CDs, even while using Ctrl or Shift Key.
    Multi-select is only possible in the right pane. So you need to:

1. click the folder that contains all 4 items. That will display them in the right pane.
    2. IN THE RIGHT PANE, HOLD CTRL KEY and click each item. They will multi-select.
    3. When all 4 are selected, click Tools -> Make Box Set.

It's actually very simple, you just need to do it once to get an idea. BTW, multi-select using Ctrl/Shift keys is a universal thing and works in virtually any Windows program.

Andrei