Thread: Multiple disk sets

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

With a little experimenting, it seems the following fields must be identical for all discs if they are to be in a multiple box set. Based on my changing various fields, these are the only 4 I could find that matter:

Composer (if you are using the classical format)
    Artist
    Title
    Format

The latter seems to me to be the most problematic, given the number of new releases that include both CDs and DVDs.

The art work does not to be identical, but, as we all know, OCD will only display the artwork associated with the first disk, except when you (left) click on a particular track and OCD displays the information for that track, it will show the artwork for the disk that track is on. The problem is when the box set has different art work than the first disk. For example, Concord released a 2 disc set of Art Blakey called Coast to Coast and created art work for that release. However, the two disks that make up the set had been previously issued separately, each with its own artwork. So while I can attach the original Live at Kimball's artwork to the second disk, I cannot have both the original artwork for New York Scene (the first disk) and for the box set. Since I actually have the box set and not the original two disks, I would like to have all three.
    Last edited by Jazz_North; 03-09-2012 at 07:02 PM.