Thread: Play MP3s

Default Play MP3s

Does the OrangeCD player play mp3s that are on a HDD?

Default Re: Play MP3s

HDD = 'Hard Disk Drive"? If so, no - not yet. I believe this will come.... sure I read it in one of Andrei's replies once!

Sorry, no.

OrangeCD Player will not play mp3. Not in a foreseeable future.

Andrei

Is there a way to select which player software will play the MP3? Media player is not my default player yet when I click 'play', that is the player that is used (I don't like MP).

SLHelper,

It is because WMP is the default player for mp3 files in your system. To change that, run your player of choice, open its Options or Preferences and look for File Types or similar option. There you need to set that player as default for mp3 file type.

I can tell more if you tell me what specific player you have in mind. But you get the idea - the setting you need to change is not in OrangeCD, it's system wide and the player most probably allow access to it.

Andrei

I use MusicMatch Jukebox. I checked the settings and mp3 files are set to use MM by default. I also checked the file association in Windows and MM Jukebox shows there too. When I doubleclick on an MP3 file it plays in MM but when I click play in OrangeCD it uses WMP.

BTW, I'm trialing and am impressed so far.

I have exactly the same problem. I use VLC Media Player as default player and I don't want to use WMP. The MP3 files are associated with VLC and when I click on them in Explorer they opens in VLC. But "Play" in OrangeCD Catalog opens the files in WMP...

Gyttorp

Quote Originally Posted by Gyttorp
    I have exactly the same problem. I use VLC Media Player as default player and I don't want to use WMP. The MP3 files are associated with VLC and when I click on them in Explorer they opens in VLC. But "Play" in OrangeCD Catalog opens the files in WMP...
    View - Preferences, Media tab.

Change "Method of playing..." setting to something that your player understands. M3U Playlist would be a good start.

Andrei

Thanks!

That solved the problem!

Gyttorp