Thread: Credits from allmusic

Default Credits from allmusic

OK, the title should say it all.

I know you know I want this feature, but I read that you wanted to approach allmusic as an info/cover source too, so I figured the credit-request fitted in...

Do you know if allmusic saves its credits information in an extractable database format, or is the credit field just a text file?

Anyway, could it be possible to parse that "Guitar: Frank Zappa" info from allmusic (or other) to the upcoming credits in Orange?

thanks, kjetil (frequent bible user )

Guest Guest

Default Re: Credits from allmusic

Quote Originally Posted by kjetil
    Do you know if allmusic saves its credits information in an extractable database format, or is the credit field just a text file?
    I know this is an old thread, but I just wanted to comment.

First of all, it's hard to say what AMG's database looks like. And I mean their actual database.

However, what's important, is how it's displayed in their HTML file. Since the credits are listed as only text, then it has to be treated as text. Unfortunately the people being credited do not have their own links. The reason this is bad is because you'll never be sure the spelling is correct, or if people with the same name are unique. (The same person, or not)