Thread: Playing through phone line in Mono

Guest Guest

Default Playing through phone line in Mono

Hi. I just installed the shareware version of OrangeCD and am 90% pleased. I've been looking a long time for a great CD player application with a smooth interface, and this looks like it wins. However, I'm having a problem with it that would prevent me from using it if I can't fix it.

OrangeCD Player is playing mono, and only one channel (the same channel in both speakers, the left channel I believe). This is to say that if I play CDs in Windows Media Player, it's in stereo and I can pan and hear either only the left or right channel. In OrangeCD Player, only the left channel is playing, albeit in both speakers.

I checked my Volume Control Properties (I'm running Windows 2000), and according to them the audio output of the player is coming through Phone Line, not Wave! (WMP is coming through Wave, I checked.)

I'm not much of a PC hardware type of guy, but in Device Manager, under "Sound, video and game controllers" this is the list of devices:

Audio Codecs
    Avance AC97 Audio
    Legacy Audio Drivers
    Legacy Video Capture Devices
    Media Control Devices
    Standard Game Port
    Video Codecs

I think Avance is my sound card.

Can you help? I've tried googling the issue and came up with nothing. Thanks!

Default Re: Playing through phone line in Mono

Fixed it. I reinstalled the driver for the CD drive itself.

Thanks!