Thread: boxed set feature...

Default boxed set feature...

The new boxed set command is good, however it needs a little more work. I'm not sure how it tries to determine which album is 1 of 2 or 2 of 2, but it seems to get it wrong most often. If you've already scanned a box set and downloaded CD info, then most likely the titles already have something like [disk1], [disk2], etc. in them. Unfortunately, the edit dialog in Make Box Set is blank, so you have to enter it anway. However, once you do, it seems that OrangeCD randomly determines which disk is disk 1, disk 2, etc. Then, you have to manually go change the 1/2, 2/2 pulldown back to the correct values!

Sorry to say, but I feel the Make Box Set, as it currently is implemented, is more trouble than its worth.

Default Re: boxed set feature...

The modification made in 9108 to improve multiple-record sets is very nice. Reordering 1/2 to 2/2 is a snap.

Thanks!

Default Re: boxed set feature...

I have another improvement suggestion for the box set command. It is very useful by the way.

Often boxed set titles are tagged such Title XXX [Disc 1] and Title XXX [Disc 2]. The box set command places a tag of "(various)" in the Title area of the Properties dialog.

How about taking the longest matching initial substring instead (minus trailing whitespace), which in the case of the example above would auto-enter Title XXX. This would save having to either remember the long title and re-entering completely, or closing the box set dialog, opening one of the previous titles to copy text, re-opening the box command and pasting.