Well, heck! It never occured to me to search for a line from the actual song I was looking for lyrics on! D'oh! This works great ! In fact... here is a tipe for everone: Can not remember enough of a line to find a song, but you at least know most of a line? Or, don't know if that one word was "streaked", or "seemed", or, whatever (google spell checks, by the ways)? Use a wild card, like "*". This is what I did, I had lyrics rolling around in my head (normal thing for me, to have lyrics in my head... heck, whole songs playing !), I typed in what I was thinking "on a desert road that streaked the sky". Well, google spell checked, and corrected me, and I was presented with NOTHING. Hmm... so, thought, what the heck? I do not remember what that one word was... so, I tried this "on a desert road that * the sky". Aha! I found it! It's a WONDERFULL THING, GOOGLE IS! Woo hoo! Thanks for the tip Andrei!

I have an idea now, for the software.... under the lyrics tab, put in an auto google search, capture funtion ... so, say, there would be a blank line, with a search button ... you enter what part of the line you remember (with the suggestion of the * wild card), and it autiomatically does the search on google (with, or without opening IE, giving the user the options, since some people are bound to have the lyrics wrong, and with the web site open, you can search for the correct lyrics, but, then again, if the lyrics are 90% correct, it's not to hard to fix, eh ?). Then, somehow, the program can capture the lyrics ..... What do you think??

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Firetongue
I agree it would be nice to have OrangeCD downloading lyrics and covers, but unfortunately, there are no reliable sources of this kind of info on the Internet. Lyrics.ch closed down a while ago for copyright reasons, so did other similar web sites. Sigh...

Here is hint how to find lyrics on the Internet quickly. In Google (or in the search engine of your choice), type the following info:

1) name of the song,
2) a short quote from the song, it's easy to choose one while you're listening to it.

All of these should be enclosed in quotes.

For example:
"brain damage" "there's someone in my head"

Check out the results: [url]http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&querytime=cWu7D& q=%22brain+damage%22+%22there%27s+someone+in+my+he ad%22[/url]

Damn, we should automate this in OrangeCD somehow

Regarding the forum software - make sure you don't set the security policy too strict to store temporary cookies on your machine. Anyway, thanks, and I'll take a closer look at the forum code when I get a chance.

Andrei