Thread: new to OrangeCD; couple of questions...

Guest Guest

Default new to OrangeCD; couple of questions...

Hello, I am a new user of OrangeCD... liking the program very much so far Couple of questions:

When I add a new CD manually, the icon in the content tree show as a vinyl icon. Is there any way to manually change the icons used in the tree? Being able to set a specific icon for each format would be extremely helpful.

Is it possible to not display the "# not assigned" field for my entries?

Also, I have mp3 files stored on my PC for most of my CD's. Is it possible to point the track names to the corresponding mp3 file, allowing a play shortcut? I guess I could just scan the mp3 folders and change the format to "CD" afterwards, but then I have a mp3 icon in the content tree (this goes back to my first question... any way to change the icons manually?).

If it is not possible to set the icons manually in the content tree, I would really love to see this added to a future build of OrangeCD. I can't imagine I am the only one interested in this feature, and it must be fairly easy to code...

Thanks!

Default Re: new to OrangeCD; couple of questions...

Anyone?

Is there any way to manually change the icons used in the content tree?

I'm right on the verge of purchasing this program, I just want to understand some of my options first

Thanks...

Sorry I can't help you much, but I rather to your questions myself...

Andrei: I have 3 records out of 1000 that have a vinyl icon, the rest have a cd icon. Why is that? I can't find anything special in the properties of the different albums.

The icon-problem has been adressed earlier in this forum. Look for it.

The id-number is easy: go to Customize View by right-clicking in the album view and uncheck "Display reference number".

-kjetil

Quote Originally Posted by MrGerbik
    When I add a new CD manually, the icon in the content tree show as a vinyl icon. Is there any way to manually change the icons used in the tree? Being able to set a specific icon for each format would be extremely helpful.
    This will be addressed in near future. Currently, the icon is selected depending on how the album was added to the database. (CD icon is used for automatically recognized albums, WinAmp icon for MP3's, vinyl icon for manual entries).

Also, I have mp3 files stored on my PC for most of my CD's. Is it possible to point the track names to the corresponding mp3 file, allowing a play shortcut? I guess I could just scan the mp3 folders and change the format to "CD" afterwards, but then I have a mp3 icon in the content tree (this goes back to my first question... any way to change the icons manually?).
    Linking media files to the CD album entries is considered for the future versions. I don't have any details yet.