Thread: database stuck at 11.16mb...?

Default database stuck at 11.16mb...?

I have now added over 500 discs to my database, and I noticed that once my database got to be 11.1mb in size, no matter how many more albums I add, it continues to be 11.1mb. Both the database stats and actual size of the backups shows the same.

Can anyone explain why this is, and will any info be lost if I continue adding albums to the database?

Default Re: database stuck at 11.16mb...?

What happens when you run Compact feature (menu Database - Compact)?

Andrei

Andrei, can you please describe what 'compact database' really does, when we should use that feature and how it affects editing and performance?

I never used it since I was not sure what it did.

-kjetil

I have 2903 CDs in my Database(includeing Covers for them all,Notes for most of them).....only 6.40 megabytes.

About to add around 1000 more Albums soon hopefully and will not reach 11.16 mb. :-/

FC: Did you compact it? You have all images in seperate files? My database is starting to run slow when editing, and I'd like to find out how to improve the performance...or buy a better machine (heard some rumours the pentiums have gotten faster since 1998...) :-/

Quote Originally Posted by Firetongue
    What happens when you run Compact feature (menu Database - Compact)?

Andrei
    After compacting, now at 7.78 megabytes. This really worries me that info was lost if it stuck at 11.16mb for so long...

Any idea what happened? And what will compacting affect exactly?

[quote=kjetil]FC: Did you compact it? You have all images in seperate files? My database is starting to run slow when editing, and I'd like to find out how to improve the performance...or buy a better machine (heard some rumours the pentiums have gotten faster since 1998...)

Quote Originally Posted by MrGerbik
    After compacting, now at 7.78 megabytes. This really worries me that info was lost if it stuck at 11.16mb for so long...

Any idea what happened? And what will compacting affect exactly?
    Compact feature optimizes database so it takes less space - it eliminates empty spaces that are present in the database after editing. It can also move covers in or out of the database when needed, or perform other servicing tasks.