Thread: Artist folder in UPPERCASE. How to change?

Default Artist folder in UPPERCASE. How to change?

I did a CD lookup using the FreeDB and the returned Artist, CD Title, and Tracks were all in uppercase. I need to have the Artist Folder as James Taylor instead of JAMES TAYLOR. I tried moving the CD itself to a different artist folder which makes the JAMES TAYLOR folder go away. When I go into the CD properties and change the artist name back to James Taylor it plops the CD back into the JAMES TAYLOR folder again! Its the only folder I have that way its messy looking.

Anyone help with this??? Thanks.

steve w.

Default Re: Artist folder in UPPERCASE. How to change?

I would say Right Click and go to Properties, then go to Tracks and then "More" down in the Bottom Right corner go to Change Caps and then Leading Caps.But that will not work.

[url]http://www.firetongue.com/boards/orangecd_suggest/1063597850.html[/url]

Check that Link out.You will see I have Pointed out some other Problems that need to be Fixed in the Program when it comes to Text.We can only hope that Andrei Listens to us and does it soon....but good Luck because that Rarely happens. :-/

Go back in the CD Properties menu and INTENTIONALLY spell the name of the artist incorrectly i.e. James Taylorr instead of James Taylor, click OK. Then go back into CD Properties (of James Taylorr) and correctly spell and case it this time, click OK...your problem should be solved.

This software also counts empty spaces in the names so if an artist or whatever shows double in the program, the likely culprit is an empty space after one of the data entries, you have to go to the properties of each entry and see if it has a blank space after it...FYI

Let me know how it works out!

J-

No, it didn't work. When I intentionally spelled it wrong (James Taylorr) it did just what I wanted it to at that point and the James Taylorr folder was created and the JAMES TAYLOR folder disappeared. The operative word here is 'disappeared'. When I went back in and spelled the CD artist corectly the JAMES TAYLOR folder 'reappeared'. Phhhttt.

I think this is a 'design flaw'. Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

steve w.

I just tested it..it works...you have to go to the actual screen of the James Taylor CD you entered, where it shows the track listing and times of the songs...right-click and and select properties, the record properties screen will pop up on the general tab with the album info...input the correct case and spelling here, and it will rename the folder. If there is more than one album entered for this artist, you have to do this same thing to all of them album by album...

Try that.

J-